Zootopia (known as Zootropolis in some regions) is a 2016 American 3D computer-animated comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the 55th Disney animated feature film. It was directed by Byron Howard and Rich Moore, co-directed by Jared Bush, and stars the voices of Ginnifer Goodwin, Jason Bateman, Idris Elba, Jenny Slate, Nate Torrence, Bonnie Hunt, Don Lake, Tommy Chong, J. K. Simmons, Octavia Spencer, Alan Tudyk, and Shakira. It details the unlikely partnership between a rabbit police officer and a red fox con artist, as they uncover a conspiracy involving the disappearance of savage predator inhabitants of a mammalian metropolis.
Zootopia premiered at the Brussels Animation Film Festival in Belgium on February 13, 2016, and went into general theatrical release in conventional 2D, Disney Digital 3-D, RealD 3D, and IMAX 3D formats in the United States on March 4. Critics praised its screenplay, animation, voice acting, and subject matter. It opened to record-breaking box offices in several countries, and earned a worldwide gross of over $1 billion, making it the fourth-highest-grossing film of 2016, the 34th-highest-grossing film of all time, the fourth animated film to pass $1 billion in global box-office earnings, and Walt Disney Animation Studios' highest-grossing film since 2013's Frozen. The film earned numerous accolades; it was named one of the top ten best films of 2016 by the American Film Institute, and received an Academy Award, Golden Globe, Critics' Choice Movie Award, and Annie Award for Best Animated Feature Film, it also received a nomination for the BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film, but lost to Kubo and the Two Strings.
Voice cast Edit
- Ginnifer Goodwin as Judy Hopps
- Jason Bateman as Nick Wilde
- Idris Elba as Chief Bogo
- Jenny Slate as Bellwether
- Nate Torrence as Clawhauser
- Bonnie Hunt as Bonnie Hopps
- Don Lake as Stu Hopps
- Tommy Chong as Yax
- J.K. Simmons as Mayor Lionheart
- Octavia Spencer as Mrs. Otterton
- Alan Tudyk as Duke Weaselton
- Shakira as Gazelle
|2017||Annie Award||Outstanding Achievement in Voice Acting in an Animated Feature Production||Jason Bateman||Won|
- ↑ Rosser, Michael (March 11, 2015). „Disney's 'Zootopia' renamed 'Zootropolis' for UK”. http://m.screendaily.com/5084129.article.
- ↑ McNary, Dave (June 11, 2015). "Watch: Disney's 'Zootopia' Trailer Introduces Animal-Run World". Variety. Archived from the original on July 11, 2015. Retrieved July 25, 2015.
- ↑ Hazelton, John (February 13, 2016). „'Zootopia': Review”. ScreenDaily. Archived from the original on October 6, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20161006072835/http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/zootopia-review/5099901.article. Accesat la October 4, 2016.
- ↑ Yamato, Jen (November 10, 2014). "Disney Dates 2016 Animated Pics 'Zootopia' & 'Moana'". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on November 11, 2014. Retrieved November 10, 2014. Check date values in:
- ↑ Newswire, PR (February 3, 2016). "Disney's Zootopia To Be Released In IMAX® 3D Theatres Domestically And In Select International Markets Including China". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on February 4, 2016. Retrieved February 3, 2016.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Travers, Peter (March 3, 2016). "Zootopia". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- ↑ Matt Pressberg. „Anti-Racist 'Zootopia' Is Crushing It In Countries Where Diversity Often Doesn't Play”. International Business Times. Archived from the original on May 13, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160513130105/http://www.ibtimes.com/anti-racist-zootopia-crushing-it-countries-where-diversity-often-doesnt-play-2350849.