Uncle Grandpa is an American animated television series created by Peter Browngardt that ran on Cartoon Network from September 2, 2013 to June 30, 2017. It is based on Browngardt's animated short of the same name from The Cartoonstitute. Uncle Grandpa is also a spin-off of Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, which was in turn a spin-off of the Cartoonstitute short. It was produced by Cartoon Network Studios.
The show is a surreal action-adventure comedy that relies extensively on visual gags and catchphrases. Creator Pete Browngardt has cited the work of cartoonists Don Martin, Gary Larson and Robert Crumb, as well as Golden Age-era animators such as Tex Avery and Max Fleischer when it came to developing the style of the show. Each 11-minute episode is presented in a unique format, consisting of a main seven- to nine-minute story, some short bumpers typically composed of a quick visual joke, and an original short that focuses on the show's side characters.
Cartoon Network renewed the series for the fourth and fifth seasons: first splitting the second season (of 52 episodes) into two halves, which respectively became the second and third season, then also dividing in half the already announced third season into the fourth and fifth season (of 26 and 23 episodes, respectively), which served as the final seasons.
- ↑ McLean, Thomas (September 11, 2012). „CN Greenlights 'Steven Universe,' 'Uncle Grandpa' Series”. Animation Magazine. http://www.animationmagazine.net/tv/cn-greenlights-steven-universe-uncle-grandpa-series/. Accesat la February 8, 2013.
- ↑ „Exclusive: Cartoon Network renews 'Steven Universe' and 'Uncle Grandpa' through season 5”. ew.com. http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/30/steven-universe-uncle-grandpa-renewed-season-5-cartoon-network?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter.
- ↑ Goldberg, Lesley (July 25, 2014). "Comic-Con Exclusive: Cartoon Network Renews 'Adventure Time,' 'Regular Show,' 3 More". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 1, 2015. Check date values in:
- ↑ „Pete Browngardt on Twitter”. twitter.com. https://twitter.com/peebgardt/status/565576745202765825.
- ↑ "'Adventure Time,' 'Regular Show,' 3 More Renewed at Cartoon Network". The Hollywood Reporter. July 7, 2015.
- ↑ „Cartoon Network Lied To Us: 'Uncle Grandpa' Is Ending Production”. cartoonbrew.com. April 5, 2016. http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/cartoon-network-lied-us-uncle-grandpa-ending-production-138629.html.