Regular Show (also known as Regular Show in Space during its eighth season) is an American animated television sitcom created by J. G. Quintel for Cartoon Network that aired from September 6, 2010, to January 16, 2017. The series revolves around the lives of two working-class friends, a blue jay named Mordecai and a raccoon named RigbyTemplate:Mdashboth employed as groundskeepers at a local park. They usually try to solve a simple problem but then it leads to a surreal, extreme, and often supernatural misadventure. During these misadventures, they interact with the show's other main characters: Benson, Pops, Skips, Muscle Man, Hi-Five Ghost, Margaret and Eileen.
Many of Regular ShowTemplate:'s characters were loosely based on those developed for Quintel's student films at California Institute of the Arts: The Naïve Man from Lolliland and 2 in the AM PM. The former was one of the winners of the 2005 Nicktoons Film Festival and received international attention after being broadcast on Nicktoons Network. Quintel pitched Regular Show for Cartoon Network's Cartoonstitute project, in which the network allowed young artists to create pilots with no notes, which would possibly be optioned as shows. The project was green-lit and it premiered on September 6, 2010.
As of May 2013, the program has been watched by approximately 2 to 2.5 million viewers each week. The series has received positive reviews from critics and has developed a following of all ages. Regular Show has been nominated for several awards, including seven Annie Awards, six Primetime Emmy Awards—one of which it won for the episode "Eggscellent" (season 3, episode 18) and three British Academy Children's Awards. A film based on the series, titled Regular Show: The Movie, premiered in 2015.
- ↑ „Regular Show Will End with Season 8, First Clip & Poster Unveiled”. September 13, 2016. http://tvweb.com/regular-show-season-8-series-finale-poster-clip/. Accesat la January 21, 2017.
- ↑ "Regular Show's J.G. Quintel Is Just a Regular Guy". Wired. April 3, 2012. Retrieved July 15, 2012. Check date values in:
- ↑ The Naive Man From Lolliland & 2 In The AM PM (2006). Film done by JG Quintel during his time at the California Institute of the Arts.
- ↑ Baisley, Sarah (May 23, 2006). "Judges Set for 3rd Annual Nicktoons Network Animation Festival". Animation World Network.
- ↑ „Regular Show, The Movie on iTunes”. Itunes.apple.com. 2015-09-01. https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/regular-show-the-movie/id1025333882. Accesat la 2016-04-05.
- ↑ „Steven Universe Returns with a Bomb on Jan 30! Plus More Cartoon Network Premieres – The Geekiary”. December 21, 2016. http://thegeekiary.com/steven-universe-returns/40358. Accesat la January 21, 2017.
- ↑ Desk, TV News. „Cartoon Network Rings in 2017 with Brand New Episodes of Fan-Favorite Shows”. http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Cartoon-Network-Rings-in-2017-with-Brand-New-Episodes-of-Fan-Favorite-Shows-20161221#. Accesat la January 21, 2017.